A peaceful, idyllische landscape of the Gard is
coined/shaped by olivenbaeumen, vineyards and lavendel. The
green landscape extends up to the suddenly dropping Auslaeufern of the
central massif of the Ardèche. Caves and natural rock elbows
form a spectacular window blind. Embedded into the valleys lie
villages, which probably already existed at times of the Romans.
The whole year over is sun-delicate this region.
In the hills repeatedly a recreating Brise blows, and in spring
and autumn it can be cool here sometimes in the evening and on the
3. History and architecture
Many places and objects of interest decrease/go
back to the Romans. To the fall of Rome the region went to the
Westgoten, the Sarazenen and then at France.
Numerous fastened villages and castles witness from
martial Middle Ages.
Nimes (decreases/goes back to
the Roman city Memausus) (60 km), Avignon, the monument-protected city Uzes with duke palace (40 km), Pont you Gard (50 km), Vallon Pont dArc (39 km), Ardèchetal,
national park Cevennen etc..
5. Sport and leisure activities
- bathing, fishing rods and Kanufahren in the
rivers Cèze, Ardèche, Gardon
- a multiplicity move on -, bicycle and bridle
paths, which are often marked and out-described.
- at many places one can rent bicycles, kanus or Kayaks.
One can undertake Ponytrekking or raft travels by the
currentfast and ravines.
6. a few objects of interest in the periphery of approx.
- a steam railway drives Gard from Anduze to pc.
Jean you and from Tournon to Lamastre a delightful kind the landscape
- Praehistori museum between Alès and pc. Ambroix
- bamboo garden between Alès and Anduze
- cave of the Cocalière (3 km) one of the three most beautiful tropfsteinhoehlen of
- lock of Rousson residence Louis XIII and full
memories of cardinal Richelieu
- and much more besides to discovering e.g. the Haribomuseum (Uzès) not only for
Gard and Cevennen were once the world center of the silk trade and in the Cevenole villages Monoblet and pc. Hippolyte you away can one still beautiful examples of silk work admire. In Vallon Pont D Arc is a silk crawler-type vehicle breed.